FIS Modern Banking Platform
Advance your bank with a modern core platform.
FIS Introduces a Commercial Pipeline Operations Management SaaS App for Midstream Operators
September 11, 2017
The increasing global demand for natural gas and expanding infrastructure and capacity will require natural gas pipeline operators to look for innovative ways to manage their commercial pipeline operations more efficiently. To capitalize on these changes, asset operators will require real-time, accurate data and operational analysis tools to manage pipeline capacity, constraints, and shipper and marketer nominations and requests.
This is why FIS now offers a turnkey SaaS solution for the operators of FERC-regulated U.S. interstate and regional natural gas pipelines, as well as CRE-regulated Mexican natural gas pipelines. Delivering the same integrated core capabilities as FIS’ Aligne suite – which is used by some of the world’s largest integrated energy firms, producers, utilities and pipeline operators – FIS’ Aligne SaaS | Pipe Ops Express helps streamline the nominations, scheduling, contract maintenance, allocations, imbalances, and invoicing processes.
Here’s how Aligne SaaS | Pipe Ops Express benefits natural gas pipeline operators:
- Core Aligne capabilities that are used by some of the world’s largest integrated energy firms, producers, utilities and pipeline operators
- Lower cost due to reduced or non-existent need for IT staff and software costs distributed over time
- Cyber security as FIS maintains close relationships with intelligence communities, keeps up with evolving audit and compliance policies, conducts ongoing vulnerability and penetration testing, encrypts data, and monitors and controls physical and logical access to all FIS’ data servers 24x7 to ensure that hosted systems and data are secure at all times
- Rapid implementation of a standardized set of integrated capabilities − in as few as 60 to 90 days
- Automatic software upgrades, so you’re always up-to-date with functionality, market and regulatory changes
- Scalability to turn the usage up and down, depending on business requirements
Aligne SaaS | Pipe Ops Express is ideal for smaller pipeline operators and owners who are looking to move away from spreadsheets that often limit reporting, auditing and scaling as their businesses expand. For larger pipeline operators, this solution offers reduced up-front capital costs, a higher level of flexibility to keep up with market change and security needs, rapid implementation, and reduced need for IT staff.
Aligne SaaS | Pipe Ops Express is NAESB-compliant and is generally available to the North American markets.