FIS Modern Banking Platform
Advance your bank with a modern core platform.
FIS Introduces an Intraday Power Trading App in SaaS
February 06, 2017
European power markets have seen significant price and volume volatility as well as negative power prices regularly due to inflexible power sources that can’t be shut down and restarted efficiently as well as an increase in renewable power generation that can’t be forecasted easily. As large trading houses and utilities, that trade on EPEX, tap into the intraday power trading to balance their portfolios and benefit from market opportunities, they are looking for flexible tools with lighter footprint, reduced risk as well as lower costs. Driven by these requirements, 50 percent of European energy market participants are considering hosted and cloud-based solutions, according to a recent ComTech Advisory and FIS market study.
This is why FIS now offers a new SaaS application that enables intraday power traders with automated trading capabilities. Delivering the same integrated core capabilities as FIS’ Aligne suite – which is used by some of the world’s largest energy trading firms, power generators, utilities and retailers – FIS’ Aligne SaaS | Intraday Power Trading provides EPEX market order management with automated workflows, bi-directional real-time market communication, online optimization of assets and analytics.
Here’s how Aligne SaaS | Intraday Power Trading benefits intraday power traders:
- New functionality enabling automated intraday power trading in the EPEX market
- Core Aligne capabilities that are used by some of the world’s largest energy trading firms, power generators, utilities and retailers
- Lower cost due to reduced up-front capital costs, a higher level of flexibility to keep up with market change, and reduced or non-existent need for IT staff
- Security as FIS maintains close relationships with domestic security and intelligence communities to ensure that hosted systems and data are secure at all times
- Rapid implementation of a standardized set of integrated, end-to-end capabilities starting with 60 days
- Automatic software upgrades, so you’re always up-to-date with functionality, market and regulatory changes
- Scalability to turn the usage up and down, depending on business requirements
FIS Aligne SaaS | Intraday Power Trading application is ideal for large EPEX power market participants that are managing portfolios of power assets and are using intraday power trading to minimize their losses on negative prices and capitalize on price spikes for the power that they generate. This solution offers new functionality as well as reduced up-front capital costs, a higher level of flexibility to keep up with market change and security needs, rapid implementation, and reduced need for IT staff.
Aligne SaaS | Intraday Power Trading is generally available to the EPEX market participants.
For more information, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.